Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Clover Market

A few weekend ago, my good friend Kristin and I headed to the Clover Market in Ardmore, PA.  We had never been before, so we weren't sure what to expect.  On our way there, we were discussing how we had been to some open-air markets before and had been disappointed by the small size and number of vendors.

When we drove past the Clover Market to find a spot, I can honestly say that we both squealed with joy.  It was huge!  There were 100+ vendors there ranging from printed goods to thrift store finds.  It was very fun.

Sticking to our usual pattern, we did an entire lap without making any purchases (with one exception that I'll explain later) and then we headed back to our favorites.  I grabbed a lot of business cards because I want to share with you the amazing goods that we saw.

When we passed Tadpole Creations, we just had to get a closer look!  Their handmade baby gifts are so adorable and very well made.

Kristin and I both being aunts, we spent a lot of time in this booth imagining our little nephews wearing their adorable clothes.  Seriously, I hope Charlotte's next baby is a girl!  I need an excuse to buy cute things like this!

This lovely booth belongs to Rogue Theory.  There techee sleeves are very well made and of the highest quality.  If I wouldn't have just spent money on a new iphone case, I would definitely have walked away with one of theirs.  They are really gorgeous.

These cards from Meera Lee Patel are truly beautiful.  I really loved this fox post card.  I don't think I could have actually sent it to anyone because I would have wanted to keep it all for myself!

Lina Bean was one of my favorite vendors that day.  The shop owner, Caroline Ritter, is so nice.  I only spoke with her for a few minutes, but it was clear that she was passionate about her work.  Her products are very lovely and very well made.  Plus, she's just super sweet and that's enough for me!

I found this beauty at In with the Old.  (Once again, nicest shop owner ever!) I got it for a steal at $28.  Seriously! That's awesome.  Thanks to a wonderful idea from Kristin, I'm going to turn this bag into my new camera bag.  It's three time the size of my current camera bag (which was three times the price).  It's too big for everyday use, but it will be perfect for travel.  I'll be able to fit all of my lenses along with my keys, wallet, phone, and general purse junk.

To give you an idea of the size, here's my camera next to the bag.  Can't wait to get to work on this bag! This was my one exception I told you about earlier.  As soon as I saw this baby I had to own it, even though we hadn't done a full lap yet.

Alright, I've saved the best for last.  I recently set a goal for myself - acquire some real art for my future home.  I've been pretty successful lately and now I have one more beauty to add to my collection.

This lovely piece of reversible art was designed by Wider Awake.  The two delightful people at the booth were absolutely wonderful and it made the purchases even more memorable.  I can't wait to get this lovely thing framed and on the wall so I can enjoy it every day!

Overall, Clover Market was a wonderful experience.  If you are within driving distance of Philly, I would definitely recommend going.  You will not be disaapointed!  I can gaurentee that I didn't do these shops justice in describing their wonderful products, so head to their websites for a closer look!

1 comment:

  1. Lovelove it!

    & your bag is still dear. Good for lensy things. :)