Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Anthro Inspiration, Episode 4

Yesterday, I showed you some of the amazing things we saw while on our inspiration trip to Philly.  I've saved the best for last.  Here's what I LOVED at Anthro.

This incredible window display is made of rocks and yarn.  If you would have said to me "hey, lets hang some rocks from yarn and put it in the window."  I would have thought you were missing a few marbles, but, go figure, the people at Anthro made it look amazing. #Jealous

This awesome display looks expensive, but after taking a closer look, I realized I have everything I need to make this - cardboard, spray paint, and glue.  So simple, yet so awesome.

This is one of my favorite things I saw in Anthro.  I have a ton of walls in my two rooms that are angled.  You can't hang anything or do anything with them.  This has given me an idea, but I don't have the know-how to put it together.  Guess I'll have to have a meeting with my contractor (a.k.a. Dad).

This display is one of those things that I would never even bother trying.  I have zero patience and I can tell you this - I would make it all of 30 minutes before getting incredibly annoyed, balling it all up, and chucking it.  That said, I so wish I could do this.

Ya know what I said about the last photo?  Yeah?  Same goes for this one.  It ain't gonna happen, but I still love it.

Now this? I could handle this.  I love that they wrapped the chalkboard around a corner.  It's a great way to use that space in a functional way.

Anthro leaves no corner empty.  Even the stairway gets some incredible decor.  In my own little dream world, I imagine moving some (not all) of the merchandise out of this store and living there.  It would be awesome.

Anthropologie is sort of like Pinterest for me; I get all of these great ideas, but I don't always follow through.  So, I sort of made this half-deal with myself.  Each time I go to Anthro, I have to make a project inspired by what I see there.  I've already got some ideas in the works.  Anyone want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment