Monday, August 13, 2012

The State of Affairs

I'm a mess.  My living room's a mess, my bathroom's a mess, and my room is a mess.  But with things finally starting to slow down, I've been inspired to get organized and clean up my space.

The who idea behind getting this 78" desk was to give myself some space to work.  As you can see, there's not a whole lot of space there.

When I was at Ikea over the weekend, I was browsing the office section and saw a great little add on to the desk I already own.  It's a shelf that attaches to the back of the desk.  Considering that I already have 10 drawers in this desk, the fact that I even need more storage space is pretty incredible.  My theory - you can never have too much space.

I set about adding my $13 shelf to this desk and it all went very well.  I only had to remove one support to change where it attached to the wooden shelf (it didn't fit on my desk where I wanted it because of the drawer unit), but other than that - no hiccups.

It's really added a lot of space to my little desk and has kept my work space clear (so far).

Charlie's not a big fan of these projects I do on my day off.  Who's going to rub her belly while I'm working?  Hmmm...I should look into hiring some help for that one.

With the help of three 79¢ flower pots (also from Ikea), I was able to organize my storage and help my giant bottle of mod podge not look so ugly.  And yes, there are two giant chocolate bars in that bucket as well.  They just looked so good while I was in the checkout line at Ikea that I couldn't pass them up.

It feels so nice to be organized and have everything in it's place.  Whenever I clean up, I always feel inspired to work on new projects.  More on that tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. It's been my experience that "stuff" expands to fill the space you there have never been enough drawers in any of my desks. And I'd like to apply for the job of scratching Charlie's belly while you're busy! Where do I send my resume?