Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Fastest Quilter in the East

My mom is a very busy lady.  She makes quilt after quilt after quilt and they are all amazing.  I've gotten to the point now where I just tell her when the shower is, pick out the fabrics, and stand back as the magic begins.  Actually, Mom would probably not agree with that - I'm pretty opinionated and annoying during the whole process.  Whatevs, it seems to work for us. Right, Mom?



This latest quilt she made was a gift for my very good friend, Leigh, who will be having a baby boy very soon! Hmm...seems I've sort of lied again.  My mom made this quilt during the last full week in July; since then she has made at least 3 and has 3 more in the works.  So, technically, this isn't the latest quilt she's made.

I found the design for Leigh's quilt here and knew it was perfect!  I want to make a quilt just like this for me!



I am in love with the animal fabric.  It's so stinkin cute.  The colors aren't your typical baby colors - which is why I liked it in the first place.



The chevron binding turned out really nice and I love how the quilting lines follow the chevron pattern.



Sometimes when Mom makes quilts she puts a lot of batting in the middle to make the blanket nice and warm; this time around she just used a thin layer in the middle to keep it nice and light.

I don't have a boyfriend/fiancee/husband or kids, so is it wrong that I'm already thinking of the quilt I want for my baby?  Nah...that's totally normal...right?

1 comment:

  1. I really love that quilt - I like it without a lot of batting and love the design and colors. It's the kind of blanket the baby will grow up carrying around until it's in tatters!

    ReplyDelete