Monday, August 27, 2012

Step In Time

Over the weekend, the rents and I took a trip to NYC to see Mary Poppins on Broadway.  Oh.  My.  Gosh.  It was awesome.  The story was different than the movie, but in a completely awesome way.  I would definitely recommend seeing it.




The New Amsterdam Theater is truly beautiful.



We even managed to drag my dad along with us.  He wasn't too thrilled about going to see a show, but he likes new experiences.  Mary Poppins was so good, even my dad approved: "That was way better than a movie."



At times, I had to remind myself that it was a live show.  It was so wonderfully performed and perfect that I felt like I was watching a movie.

Bonus - at the end, Mary Poppins flies away and she flew right over our heads!  I could have reached up and touched her foot (don't worry, I didn't).



I wish I would have taken more pictures, but (true to form) I'm not good at taking pictures of people.  I'm just going any good at it.   So I only walked away with about 20 photos (6 of which were somewhat good looking).  Guess I'll have to start practicing taking photos of real people doing real things!

1 comment:

  1. I think this should be our next photo challenge. I am not good at taking pictures of people either... hmmm :)

    ReplyDelete