Thursday, August 16, 2012

Oh Fancy

Clothes pins are something I use on a daily basis.  As functional as they are, they couldn't be any uglier.  If I'm going to use something everyday, it could at least look nice.



Enter, washi tape.  Esther brought this home with her in June and I finally found a way to use it.  I hadn't used it before this project because I didn't want to waste any of it.



Adding the washi tape to the clothes pins was a fun, free, and simple way to glam them up.  For the thin tape, I just stuck it right on, but the thicker tape had to be trimmed down a little on each side (an easy task with an exacto knife).




It took all of five minutes to finish these clothes pins.  Now I have a fun and functional item.  Much better than they were before.



And all it took was a little tape.

1 comment:

  1. Grandma would love those fancy clothes pins...she's a clothes pin junkie. That tape is neat and curious what it's usually used for. Sure works good on clothes pins!

    ReplyDelete