Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Nook

This was what my nook looked like when I first moved home.  Charlie had to be crated every night until she learned that she had to stay in my room all night (something she wasn't used to).  I preferred getting sleep to listening to her whine at the door, so the crate was a big help.

She's well past needing the crate, so it's been moved out of the room.  Then I had a big empty space by Charlie's bed my chair.  I thought about getting a coffee table, but I've been spending a lot of time working on my laptop in my room and would love a place to sit up.



I started the hunt for a simple laptop desk a few weeks ago, but couldn't find anything I was in love with.  I wanted something small, simple, and stylish - not too much to ask right?  Right.  The first place I looked was Ikea, but I wasn't in love with anything...but I couldn't find a desk anywhere else, either.



After coming up with nothing else, I ended up going with this desk from Ikea.   At $130, it definitely wasn't the cheapest option, but it was most definitely the smallest and most stylish desk I could find.  Plus, it's the same dark stain as the side table I have in my living room, so when I move into a home of my own these two pieces will look very nice together.



I plan on using the ottoman as my chair - which is great because it doesn't take up any extra space.  This will also be a perfect place to do my devotions.  I don't know about you, but I get sleepy and distracted when I read in bed - sitting up will help me pay attention as I read.  I've already used it a few times and it has been a big help.

Now I just need to add some art above this desk to really make it feel a little cozier.

1 comment:

  1. Love your space...really a nice way you've fixed up that room. The table is perfect. Love IKEA and wish we had one nearby.

    ReplyDelete