Thursday, August 30, 2012

Instagram Love

When camera phones first came out, I remember uttering the words "Who would ever want a camera in their phone?"  Ha! Who was I kidding?  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't use the camera in my phone.  Instagram has become my favorite camera app.

Katie from Bower Power has started doing a series of posts featuring her instagram photos - she posts the past 16 and then gives them virtual gold, silver, and bronze metals.  It's such a great idea that I decided to do the same.

I love this idea - so I'm stealing it.  

Here's the run down:
1. Charlie begging to be let out.
2. Mom and Mary Poppins in NYC
3. My saddness at seeing educational material on the back of the cereal box.  I ask you, where are my good ol' fashion games?
4. A morning belly rub for the pup. 
5. Prime belly rub position.
6. Young House Love has a book coming out in November - I preordered it months ago.
7. Kate and Cam trying on sunglasses at Target.  Cam picked out his sunglasses himself.
8. Char always makes fun of me when I buy a new iphone case - this is my response.
9. Nerd baby at Target
10. The pup staring at my food.
11. One of my latest projects.
12. Eating at Junior's in NYC
13. The look my pup gives me when I leave for work everyday = heartbreaking
14. Little sandals from a little visitor
15. A cute button nose in oversized sunglasses
16.  Me: "Cam, say 'Cheese!'"  Cam: "Cheese!"

Bronze Metal:
This earned a bronze metal for the simple fact that I miss my childhood.  Ok. Seriously people.  Where are the games?  Why would I want to read about "feeding their imagination"?  I imagine myself enjoying the five minutes I get to sit down and eat my Frosted Flakes in the morning.  They squished so much text onto this page that it's practically too small to read.  And a QR code?  Do you know many 5 year olds that are pulling out their smart phones during breakfast?  And yes, I am fully aware that last sentence called attention to my juvenile cereal choice - I'm totally fine with that.  I love my Frosted Flakes.

Silver Metal:
This photo earned the coveted silver metal because it was such a great day.  Also, because Cam picked out those big, girly, rhinestone covered sunglasses himself.  He was obsessed with Katie.  As we browsed Target, we would all wander away from each other to shop; when Katie wasn't around Cam had to yell her name, just so he knew where she was (I think he's finally understanding how to play Marco/Polo).  These are two of my very favorite people.

And the gold metal goes to (drum roll please):
This adorable photo earned the gold metal because I love those little, black ears.  This is Charlie getting her morning belly rub.  I stopped rubbing her belly so that I could take this picture and that is the look she gave me.  How dare you stop rubbing my belly? Also, I need a haircut, can you schedule a trip to the groomers?  Ok, she definitely wouldn't suggest that last part - as much as she doesn't want to go, she really needs to!  She has old man ears - hair everywhere!


  1. I love it! How do you make your instagram pics into a collage?


    1. I put my instagram pics in a collage using Adobe illustrator.

  2. Some great pictures! Loved seeing one of my baby sister.