Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Gift Tags - Free Printable

When I see a pattern that I love my first question is always, "How can I use this?"  When I was browsing Pinterest over the weekend, I saw this lovely pattern.


love the pattern
source
There's a lot to love about this photo, but I zeroed in on the design.  So I asked myself, "How can I use this pattern?"



After some time with Illustrator, I had these little gift tag.  Well, I had three little gift tags.  I liked them so much I wanted to share them with you - so I made more.



The pdf download includes four pages of gift tags for you to choose from.  I'm a pretty simple person, so the white on gray with a splash of color is my favorite - but I thought I'd make some with a little more variety for the not-so-simple folks out there.






The process is very simple - print, cut, punch a hole, and use!  This time around I decided to try something completely new - I've made it so you can type you own text onto the tags.   Disclaimer - I have never done this before, so if there are a few glitches let me know and I'll do my best to fix it.

I do know this - if you type onto the pdf, you must save it as a separate copy before printing.  I learned that one the hard way.  Adobe will also ask you if you want to send the document to anyone - just say no.  Technically, it's a pdf form, so Adobe acts like you're filling out information to send back to me.

The whole process was a bit confusing, but it was worth a try.





Charlie and I took the tags onto the deck to get some nice natural light for the photos.  I think the tags turned out pretty nicely.  Plus, if you don't feel like typing out your message, you can just write it in yourself.

You can download the pdf file here.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love the gift tags but I can't get the download to work.

    Sara
    Streitmatter95 AT msn DOT com

    ReplyDelete