Friday, July 6, 2012

Hello Inspiration!

I've finally caught on to the Design Sponge craze.  For the past several months, I've checked the blog regularly and I love their content; with 90,000 daily visits, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that loves this blog.

Lately, I've been lacking inspiration.  I purchased Design Sponge at Home in hopes of being inspired.  Oh my goodness was this ever the perfect choice.  Grace Bonney, you are a genius.  Can we be friends?

I don't usually purchase design books; the internet has so many options these days, so I've always assumed I could find everything I wanted online.  This book has shown me how wrong I was.  Even the smallest details of the book have been well thought out and executed wonderfully.  The little design below the page number is one of my favorite things about this book.  Weird? Maybe, but true nonetheless.

It starts with Sneak Peeks at the homes of people around the world.  Filled with great advice, this book has already taught me new things about design in a way I can easily understand.  Each profession develops it's on jargon that can be confusing to the average person.

If this book was written that way, every word would go right over my head.  I have no background in design (obviously) and, for me, it's a learn-as-you-go experience.  This book is filled with wonderful advice that even I can put into practice!

All that to say - my project list has gotten very long and I'm only 80 pages into this 400 page book!  I always make sure to keep my post-it notes close by when I read this book because there are so many things I want to remember.

If you're looking for some inspiration--purchase this book, grab your post-its, coffee, pen, notebook, and get ready to be inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment