Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Finally!

For the past several months, I've been vigilant.  I've been watching, waiting, hoping.  For something spectacular.  I finally found it.

Last Saturday, I spent the day with my good friend, Kelsey.  We walked around town taking photos and shopping in wonderful, little boutiques.  It was a wonderful day.  On the way to town, I told Kelsey that I've been looking for some graphic art to display in my future home.  I've look for said art every where I go.



While browsing through Hello Bluebird, I found this little gem and fell in love immediately.  The color, texture, and design are absolutely wonderful.



This lovely art piece is made by Melanie Linder.  You can find her shop here and her blog here.



Melanie also designed this piece.  It's the title of and a lyric from one of my favorite songs.



It's absolutely wonderful and the detail is incredible.  I am itching to frame these babies and get them up on the walls, but I want to wait til I move into a home of my own.  Plus, I really don't have any wall space left.  They are very much worth the $60 I paid for them and I can't wait to get them framed.







You may not believe it me, but I got these three cups in a book store.  The bookstore sort of did double duty as a thrift shop and a bookstore.  The thrifty stuff in the window certainly got me in the door; not gonna lie, I was disappointed to see all of those books.  They were a nice find for $10.  I love the uneven lines and the bright colors.

It was definitely a good shopping day.  Now, somebody needs to take my debit card away from me and remind me that I don't have much storage space.  Why is it that you find all the good stuff when you don't have any place to put it?  Am I right or am I right?

1 comment:

  1. I remember having glasses like the three you bought back when I was just a kid. Yeah, that was a while ago! I used to like to rub my fingers over the raised texture on the outside! I bet they shouldn't be put in the dishwasher (which of course we never had anyway) but well-worth hand washing to keep those as nice as they are now! Great finds!!!

    ReplyDelete