Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Delta Makers

When I first received an email from Delta about attending a blogger event, I was sort of surprised.   My first thought was That was so nice of them to invite me, but no thanks.  Plus, I didn't know if I could take off work for that.  So I emailed back with my regrets before talking to Esther about it.  There's a reason I did that: Esther is a go-getter.  Me? I'm more of a stay-home-in-my-comfort-zone kinda girl.  I knew that she would try to talk me into going.

Just as I predicted, Esther talked me into it.  I emailed back about 15 minutes after saying no to tell them that I would like to attend.  I'm so glad I did because I had a wonderful experience.  I'll tell you all about that tomorrow.  For now, let's focus on the amazing people I had the opportunity to meet.  

There were eight bloggers at this event:

Larry from Bob's Blog

Doug from Hoosier Homemade

Lisa from Jetson Green

Danni from Oh Hello Friend

Brittni from papernstitch

Sarah from Sarah M. Dorsey Design

Amy from Whisper Wood Cottage

It was a privilege to meet these bloggers and spend time with them.  You should definitely stop by their blogs and get to know them better.  They are all such interesting people with so much to say and each has a unique view point.  And to top it all off, they are just plain nice.

Along with meeting the bloggers, I also had the opportunity to meet some Makers and DIYers from Delta.

Dave is an IS Support Center Analyst for Delta and in his spare time he turns wooden bowls, vessels and pens.  Each of the bloggers were given a pen that Dave turned himself.  It's a good quality pen and writes beautifully.  You can check out Dave's Etsy shop, Winger Woodworks, to purchase one of these excellent pens.

We also got to see some of the beautiful jewelry and glass beads that Cathy Brown creates.  Her jewelry is incredibly intricate.  It had us all asking "How does she do that?"  You can check out her website here to purchase her incredible creations.

Tony is a Project Manager for Delta.  He spends his free time participating in local medieval living history groups and making musical instruments.  One of the bloggers asked him how long it usually takes to finish a musical instrument by hand.  He estimated that if he worked 24 hour days, it would take him one week to finish an instrument.

Seth and Toni are a husband and wife DIY team.  They are currently working to remodel their home.  They do everything from refurbishing old furniture to ripping down walls.  They don't have a blog...yet.  We kept trying to convince them to start one.  Let's hope that happens soon because I am dying to see what they have created!  Until then, you can follow them on twitter, instagram, and pinterest: @toreplyall and @fromnoreply.

Update: They have a blog! Check it out at mursday.com

Being surrounded by so many creative people was very inspiring and reminded me why I have this blog.  Right now, my family is 4 blocks away at the beach enjoying the sand and the sun.  Instead of being there with them on this beautiful Sunday, I'm at the house writing.  You might think I'm crazy, but I love doing this.  This blog/hobby keeps me searching for new and creative projects.

Right now, folks, my little buddy Cameron is at the beach playing in the sand and jumping in the waves.  It's time to go hang with that little dude.


  1. Pretty exciting stuff, Ginner! I'm definitely checking out all the blogs.

  2. great post! Thanks for the shout out, and for being a part of the "gentle" pushing for us to do a blog :)

    stay in touch!

    seth and toni