Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Where am I going?

First, I wrote about my life.  Then I wrote about my move.  When I got a new apartment, I wrote about my DIY projects.  Then I moved home, jammed all of my things into two rooms, and now I write about ??   Now that I'm home, I'm finding it hard to fill this blog each day.  Allow me to explain.  

When I was living away from my family, I had tons of free time with nothing to do and no one to see.  And that is how this blog was born...I had to do something, so I did this.  The projects I did and the photos I took all ended up here.  If I spent my entire weekend working on a project it didn't matter one bit - it wasn't like I had anything else to do.

Now that I'm home, I have tons of other things to do: shopping with Char, playing with Camo, watching movies with Dad, doing projects with Mom, sitting around the sandbox with the neighbors, spending time with my girls since we are closer than ever!  So much to do and so little time.  Because Cam's big, brown eyes are impossible to resist, when he is here - I spend time with him (when I would have normally been blogging).

That is not a complaint in anyway, things are just changing and I have to decide where this blog is going.  I'm a 26 year old woman, living at home, saving up money to buy a house, and hopefully another dog.

Just for the record, I have the best parents ever.  Not only did they let me invade their home, they let me use two rooms, bring Charlie, don't charge me rent, and give me plenty of privacy.  We need to address the privacy issue though.  Mom keeps telling me she's going to stay out of my space, but Mom, my space is a mess right now!  Can't you invade for just a little bit and clean help me clean?  Nine out of ten squatters agree that it's incredible hard to keep someone else's home clean.


Ok, anyway...I've only been home for 2 months, so I'm still transitioning.  I'm still trying to figure out this new dynamic and where this blog is going.  For now, I'm just going to go with the flow.



Here's a random announcement for you: I've been invited to the Delta Blogger Event in Indianapolis!  I'll be heading out next Tuesday for an all-expense paid trip to their head quarters to see what they are all about!  I'm very excited!

This blog o' mine is pretty small and not well known - so I keep joking that I'm going to show up and they'll say "Hi, we just found out that your only readers are your mom, your aunt, and your dog.  Adios!"  haha Ok, that's not going to happen, but it just feels so unreal that they would actually pick me!  So thank you all for reading this blog, pinning my things on pinterest, and following along!  I can't wait to tell you about my trip!

3 comments:

  1. Oh but Aunts who read their niece's blog are to be treasured by vendors! They are part of the baby boomer generation and consumers who are home owners and have plenty of home repairs to keep them poor. Congrats on being selected to go to the Delta Blogger Event and check out their kitchen faucets...I really need a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sweetness and honesty of your blog, you are awesome, I'm excited for you and can't wait for updates! hugs! Michelle W

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle, thank you god your comment! It's very sweet and I really appreciate it! Thanks for the vote of coincidence. That's the wonderful thing about blogs... They can transition with you. -Virginia

    ReplyDelete