Friday, June 1, 2012

"What's Dat?"


Last Saturday, I finally got to give Cam his birthday present - a trip to the zoo.



We brought the stroller in, but Cam mostly spent the day on his dad's shoulders; pointing at everything and saying "What's dat? What's DAT? What's daaat?"  It was cute every time.



He absolutely loved every second.  When we were on our way home Char asked him what he liked the best he said "Monkeys!"


It's so fun to watch him be so curious about everything.  Each time we answered the question of the day he would repeat what we said.  He's a little parrot.

Story of the day:  Cameron often repeats what he hears, even if a total stranger is the one saying it.  While we were walking around we passed a woman looking for someone.  She yelled "Ingrid!" and our little parrot didn't miss a beat - he yelled "Ingrid!"  She got a good laugh out of that.



What a cool moment.  This huge turtle stood in front of Cam for a good three minutes.  It was really cool to see Cam staring at this incredible creature.



This is Cam high fiving the turtle.  How cool is that?  How many times do you get a moment like this with a giant turtle?  I hope he remembers it, even if it's only a little bit.




One of the most interesting parts of the day was getting Cameron to look in the right direction.  We kept saying "Look Cam!  It's moving!"  So throughout the day Cam would say "Monkey moving!" "Snake moving!" He loved when they were moving (and so did we).




Frank groaned when I made him put Cam's head in this, but c'mon, look how cute this is!  Cutest monkey I've ever seen!



Say hello to the praire dog - one of the few animals that is not behind glass; it's not behind smudged, dirty, finger print covered glass.  I would have loved to get some more photos of the animals (something I don't typically get to photograph), but the glass is a huge problem.





The children's zoo was a really fun place and had some hands on things the kids could touch - like cow utters.



 Once again, I had to make them put his head through this and I'm glad I did!  Cam put his head through and said "Cheese!"  I love how Cam gets the taller one and Char gets the smaller one.  Hmm...probably should have been the other way around, but he wanted the big one.



Going to the zoo was so much fun.  Cam loved every second of it.  It was hot and sticky out, but we had a great day.  On the way home, I fell asleep in the car, but I could hear Cam talking the whole way home.  I think he had a good time.

1 comment: