Monday, June 25, 2012

The Creative Juices

Last week I wrote about my transition home and how it is changing what I write about.  Well, I've been thinking of ways to get my creative juices flowing and I've come up with an idea.


I know I'm probably way behind on getting this book, so I figured it was about time I own it.  I don't usually buy books like this because the internet is full of great ideas, but I need some inspiration and thought this would be a good place to start.  When I bought this book, I made myself a deal:  buy the book, do 5 projects from the book.  So that should be fun.

Now is a good time to be doing projects because I know a ton of people that are pregnant and I'm always in need of good gift ideas.  Also, as I save for a home of my own, I am going to stock up on things to put in that home.



One of my most recent purchases (as in yesterday) is this perch lamp from West Elm.  The yellow one reminds me of an old camping light we used to have when I was little.  I love the yellow one, but I don't see myself liking yellow forever, so I went with the glass one.  It went on sale from $69 to $55; not the best sale I've ever seen, but this lamp is worth it.  I absolutely love it.  It's on back order until July 11, so I'll be patiently awaiting it's arrival.



This lovely gray towel is also on it's way to me.  I plan on using it in my future kitchen.  My table has dark wood and gray/cream fabric - this will go wonderfully with those colors.  Plus, it's from West Elm and that just makes everything better.

When I first moved home, I told myself not to buy anything for my home because there's no where to put it!  This place is packed as it is.  I've recently changed my tune.  I'm in a situation where I can put money into my home savings, my regular savings, my tithe, pay my bills, and still have some left to spend on myself.  When I own a home - that isn't going to be the case, so now is the time to accessorize.

This has also helped to get my creative juices flowing - I'm going to start planning the color scheme for my home and what I want in it.  I've never done anything like that before - so it will definitely be a learning experience, but I'm ready to learn!

2 comments:

  1. Smart girl! And this summer I've started packing to move in 2 years...ya think it runs in the family?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Virginia! I'll be attending the Delta event as well ... looking forward to meeting you! Your project inspired one of mine http://sarahmdorseydesigns.blogspot.com/2012/05/i-love-pinterest-art-above-headboard.html

    Thank you! See you soon :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete