Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Spring Lens Cleaning

Lately, I've notice that my camera lenses are looking pretty slimy.  I am very careful not to touch them, but things happen.  I've been thinking about getting some lens protectors for quite awhile and I finally spent some time on Amazon looking for just the right thing.



This is what I found.  There are a lot of options out there, but these were the most economical.  These protectors say that they help to reduce UV light entering the camera and make the photos look nicer.  That's not why I bought them, but that's a great bonus.  Before I could put the protectors on the lenses, I needed to clean them first.



Along with the protectors, I bought this pen.  There is a video that shows you how to use the pen and it seemed very simple.  Many of the lens cleaning kits came with several pieces and looked very complicated.  This may not be the highest quality cleaner, but I am very happy with the results I got.  Plus, I can keep it right in the camera bag.  Perfect!



Before you order your lens protectors, make sure you know the size of your lenses.  I have two, a 58mm and a 52mm.  You can see in the upper right of the lens where it tells you the size.



After cleaning the lenses, I screwed on the protector.  It only adds a little length to the lens, but adds a lot of peace of mind.  It's nice to know that if I bump it into something (which I frequently do) that I have a layer of protection.



The lens cap fits right on top...another layer of protection.  I've had these on my lenses for a few days and it's been really great.  I'm not as nervous about using my favorite lens in a weird environment or putting it into the hands of a 9 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment