Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Just Sayin...

When I started my career, I learned something about myself - I suck at mornings.  Now, I've always known this to some degree, but in high school and college it didn't really matter.  But as an adult with a job, it's not good to suck at mornings.

One important step in getting out of the door, on time, every morning is getting dressed.  I discovered that it takes me 3 minutes to pick out my clothes the night before and 10 minutes to pick them out the morning of.  Since I just took the hooks off the closet door, I installed this lone hook in the closet.  When I was a gym teacher, I normally wore sweatpants and a t-shirt to school, which I would put into my yellow baskets (which now hold shoes).  But my clothes for my new job are much nicer and need to stay on hangers, so this hook was the perfect choice.

Here's a little secret about my bedroom.  When I first decided to put this G on my wall, I sort of eyeballed where to put the nails and, of course, I totally botched it.  Then I did the smart thing and traced the inside so my holes were right.

Funny thing is, this G is hung backwards.  I know it's backwards, but I'm leaving it that way so it hides my mistakes.  That's just the way it's gonna be.

Just sayin...

1 comment:

  1. I would have never thought about that g being backwards! You're really getting must be related to your mother and your aunt.