Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Getting Settled In, Living Room Edition

My parents were generous enough to allow me to use two of their rooms.  We turned my old bedroom into my living room.  It's been painted and there's new carpet on the floor (which Charlie has really been enjoying).  I finally took the time to hang up my pictures.



In this corner of the living room, we have Esther's ginormous TV that has been getting a lot of use.  I'm really going to miss this thing when she moves home.



There's not really anything exciting happening in this part of the room, but you can see that I hung up two of my pictures from my old living room.  I just love walking into the room and seeing Cammy's face first thing.  Those chubby cheeks!  They kill me!



Because of the lack of space in here (more like, Because of the amount of stuff I have), I wasn't sure if this corner shelf would fit in the room.  Mike (who helped us move) dropped it in that corner after carrying it up from the garage and it fit perfectly, so it stayed there.



When I was going through the process of hanging things up, I spent a lot of time just standing around thinking.  My first goal was to get this mirror up somewhere, but I wasn't sure how to combine it with other pieces.  I tried out a few layouts on the floor and in the end flanking it with two photos made my tetrisitis brain happy.



Having my little elephant out again has been wonderful.  He's such a fun little guy.  One nice thing about having a separate living room is having somewhere to put the couch and do my projects.  Plus, I can lock Charlie in here to give Mom and Dad a break from her.  Charlie doesn't like it much though.



The final touch was putting this bunting above my computer.  I am keeping this wall free of photos and art because this is where I'll be taking photos of my projects and I don't want anything in the background.  But leaving it blank made it look so lonely.  This bunting my mom made was the perfect touch.



Now all that stands between me and being completely done unpacking are the things on this tray.  It will be interesting to see how long it takes me to get all this junk put away.

1 comment:

  1. You're pretty close to being done, that's for sure. The transformation in that room is amazing - it looks nothing like the bedroom it used to be and looks like a cozy apartment.

    ReplyDelete