Thursday, May 10, 2012

Back to Basics

With everything that's been going on lately, I haven't really spent any time creating or doing projects.  A friends baby shower was an excellent excuse to get back to basics.  When I've made shirts in the past, I just used whatever paint I had laying around.  This time I decided to try fabric paint.


I started with two designs straight from the Silhouette store.  I normally try to create my own, but time was a factor in this project and the designs from the store are super cheap (and cute).



Sweet and simple.  My friend is going to have a boy and the theme for his nursery is nautical/orange/navy, so I made sure to use those colors in my designs.




The fabric paint was really wonderful.  It went on quickly and smoothly.  I was a little upset with the orange I chose.  I had no idea I was buying "pearl" aka "glitter."  Oops.  Not competely fitting for a little boy, but I didn't know it was glitter until I was already painting.

The navy color I got was not pearl, but you can see that it still has a shine to it.  The fabric paints worked wonderfully and I will definitely be investing in some more colors for future projects.

1 comment:

  1. I love these! I'm sure Shanna did too :)

    ReplyDelete