Friday, April 27, 2012

Pardon My Drooling

Prepare yourself, this is a cop out post.  I have been meaning to show you the new carpets, but I just haven't had the opportunity to take any photos.  I'm stuck in this transition stage - starting a new job, trying to figure out what to do and how to do it, not having everything unpacked, waiting to unpack, and getting used to new hours.  My day is basically the same length, but I start and end at different times.  When my body normally goes into shutdown mode (3:30) I'm still at work.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.  This job is just too good to be true and I'm excited to go to work every single day. These past 2 months have been a roller coaster and I feel like I'm finally starting to level out - but I am tired, so...

I won't be posting again until Monday, May 7th.  I'm taking next week off.  I have so much to blog about, but I need to take some pressure off myself for a little.  I usually do most of my writing on the weekend and I haven't had a free weekend in awhile.  Plus, I haven't even gotten to my second week of my photography challenge.  Normally I would have found time to do it - the fact that I haven't tells me that I need a break. 

Just so this post isn't boring and photoless - here are some things from West Elm that I have been drooling over...

Ceramic Turtle
This little turtle is something I've wanted for quite awhile.  He's just adorable and would look lovely on my desk.


Room View 
I want all of these little vases.  I don't usually have flowers or giant leaves around my apartment, but I'm sure I could find a use for these little guys. 


Tall Glass Jars
 Once again, I don't usually have vegetation growing in my place, but I'm sure I could find a home for these glass jars.


Aluminum Wood Side Table
I cannot express how much I love this side table.  It's just incredible. 


Allegra Hicks Printed Harlequin Jute Rug
This rug.  Oh how I love this rug.  I love the simple patten and the mix of colors.  It's perfect.  It's warm and cool at the same time.


3-Jar Chandelier
Boy oh boy, don't I wish I had a place for this chandelier.  These glass jars are beautiful.
 But I've saved the best for last...

 
Perch Glass Lamp
This yellow lamp reminds me of an old camping light we used to have.  I love the shape of the base and the size of the shade.  It's perfect.  As much as I love the yellow, I LOVE the glass one.

 
I need to be a home owner.  ASAP.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the break and can't wait to see the "after" pictures when life has settled down in your new/old home!

    ReplyDelete