Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Fresh Coat of Paint

Over the weekend, my mom and I attacked the bedroom with our paintbrushes.  The yellow paint is no more!



I know it looks white, but I promise it's gray.  Not only did I paint the walls, I also touched up the ceiling mistakes and cleaned the carpet.  This picture is pre-carpet cleaning.  See that pee stain? 



No more pee stain here! 



My parent's own a carpet cleaner and that thing is absolutely amazing.  It only took me 15 minutes to clean the carpets in this bedroom and what a difference!  Do you see the brown mark on the carpet, way back in that corner?  



It's gone! 

I've already started to move some of my stuff in, but it's slow going at the moment.  My parents are coming this week with the trailer to get the bulk of my things from my apartment.  I have two weeks left as a teacher and it's time to get serious about moving.  

When they leave with a full trailer, this apartment will be pretty empty.  It'll be me, the computer, an air mattress, and the dog for my last week of work.  I will be using those last few days to paint this darn apartment.  It will save me a ton of money to just paint it, but I'm really not looking forward to it.   Guess it's time to suck it up and get it done.  Any volunteers to help a girl out?  

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to come and see this big project when it's all done!!! See what you started....all good things because I know your folks have been wanting to get that basement finished. I can't blame you for dreading to yet again paint your apartment. Ummmm, maybe there is some advantage to living 14 hours away when someone needs help painting!!!

    ReplyDelete