Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Basement

dun dun dunnnnn

This is the basement of my parent's house.  This is most definitely not to scale, but it's pretty close.  As you can see in this "before" diagram, you can travel around the basement in a circle.  All the rooms are connected via many doorways.

Several anniversaries ago, my mom asked for a laundry shoot for her gift.  The laundry shoot is in the heater room and to reach it, you have to go through the laundry room, through two more doorways and around the corner; not exactly convenient.

This is what the basement looks like now.  Since we are kicking Esther out of her upstairs room so that I can use it, my mom decided to make some changes downstairs.  The wall between the heater room and office was completely closed off to make another bedroom and a closet was built in.  The corner between the heater room and laundry room was taken down as well - so now Mom only has to open one door to reach all of our dirty clothes.  I use the term "our" loosely since she will not be doing my laundry when I move home - bummer. 

Here's a better look:
This is the view from the back corner.  You can see the nice, big closet that is brand new.  You can also see everything that used to be in Esther's room is now in the basement living room. 

The paint color is absolutely wonderful and I would tell you what it is, but I don't remember.  I'll have to get back to you on that one.  We will be getting new carpet and the room and closet will get white trim.  It's going to look great!

Directly behind this light is where the old doors used to be; the doors to the laundry room and heater room.

It's still under construction, but its looking really good! That window may be small, but it lets in a good amount of light. 

We're making progress at home and we're making progress in my apartment:

The place is looking pretty empty and bare.   So, in other news, my freshly painted dining room needs to be repainted; along with the living room and my bedroom.  So...who wants to volunteer to come over and help me paint?  I'm trying to decide whether I want to pay the complex to do it, or whether I want to do it myself. 

If you help me paint this place, I will pay you with pizza and a lick from the pooch.  Sorry, it's the best I can do.

1 comment:

  1. If the apartment management was smart they would leave your painted walls as they are...so much nicer and shades neutral enough and better than stark white. Bummer on repainting but happy days otherwise!!