Monday, March 19, 2012

Summer To-Do List

The beautiful weather is inspiring.  It has me thinking about my summer and what I want to do with my life.  Cameron is number one on the priority list.  I want to spend time with him and do fun things, but I also want them to be cheap.  The cheaper they are the more we can do.  With a little help from Counting On Me, I chose some activities I want to do with this little guy.


In no particular order:

  • Blow bubbles
  • Make a fort with sheets
  • Picnic at the park
  • Finger paint
  • Play in the sandbox (add water)
  • Play in the sprinkler
  • Make art
  • Make a soup can telephone and have a conversation
  • Play on the slip n' slide

If he was old enough, I'd let him add to the list.  He's still on two word sentences like "find it" or "grandpa's raisins" so he'll have to wait until next year to add to the list.  He might be afraid of the slip n' slide, but you never know until you try.  Esther, we'll be checking a lot of these things off the list when you are home, so set aside some Cammy time. 




This can be something that just he and I do, or something we do with friends and family.  Either way, it needs to happen.   We need to start making memories so when he starts bringing girlfriends home I can say "Remember that time when you were two and you ran through the sprinkler naked?" or "Remember that time when we were finger painting and you painted my shoes?"  Would you look at that, I'm having fun already.

No comments:

Post a Comment