Monday, March 5, 2012

Photosynth Tour

I have an app on my phone called Photosynth.  It's a way to take a 3D image of a room.  This next sentence isn't going to make sense, but I'm going to say it anyway.  This app is difficult to use, but it is very simple.  Ok, allow me to explain.  When you are ready to take a 3D image, you click the camera button and then just rotate.  The app knows when to snap the next picture.  But, it is hard to get everything right.  

Here's the view of my living room.  As you can see, there are a few mistakes and places where the app had a hard time stitching the pictures together.  But other than the few mistakes, it works pretty well.  What you can't see in this picture is all the stuff I hid behind the chair.  Cleaning is not my favorite chore and I wanted to get this done before I lost the light; hence, piles of junk hidden behind chairs and in other rooms.



It did a little better with my bedroom.  This time I tried sitting on my swivel chair to take the pictures. That worked much better.

This gives you a pretty good idea of what my room looks like when it's clean, which is almost never.  There are always dog toys or clothes on the floor, and shoes everywhere.   Maybe one of these days I'll succeed in training Charlie to clean up after herself...or not.

2 comments:

  1. I wondered how people got those 3D shots. Amazing! I had to look again to see if I could see any junk you hid...nope!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. We are moving into a new house in a week or two and I dread having to redecorate...I have no style in home decor...I'm trying to take notes on all your DIY projects. :)

    ReplyDelete