Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Past: Sandbox Edition

One of the reasons that "play in the sandbox (add water)" is on my summer to-do list with Cam is because I had so much fun in the sandbox when I was little.  It was one of my favorite places to be.

I remember spending hours at a time in that little box.  It's a good thing we were little, because as you can see, we really packed 'em in.  The boy in the red hat is my brother, Zack, and the girl all the way to the right is my little sister, Charlotte.  The other kids are our old neighbors.

This is me (far left), Esther, and Zack adding water to the fun.  We used to go back and forth between the sandbox and the spicket with buckets full of water.  It was so much more fun to add water.

It was very rare to be in the sandbox alone.  Zack, the little engineer, always made the most of his solo time.

You can never have too many people in the sandbox.  That was one of the reasons I wanted Dad to make our new sandbox so big.  There's always room for one more.

You just have to know your rank.


  1. My sisters and I used to spend hours in our sandbox too! Just think, no electricity needed, no batteries to keep charged, and the cost to set up a sandbox is very low. It gets you outside in the fresh air and sunshine and a great way to re-purpose plastic containers and bottles! And the memories - PRICELESS!!! Thanks for the fun walk down memory lane, Ginner.

  2. I love these pictures! So cute.

  3. love these. This makes me excited for summer.
    - the boss