Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Photo Book!

It's here!  My photo book is here!  I made this photo book using  MyPublisher has it's own software that you use to put your book together.  It gives you many options and is easy to use.  Once you pick a page layout, all you have to do is drag and drop a photo into each box.  Or, you can make your own layouts.  As you are working, you can constantly check the price - a feature I very much liked.

I was so excited to get this book.  I was so excited, that when I saw the packaged had been delivered (thanks to tracking from FedEx), I jumped in the car in my pjs and slippers.   Since it was 10pm at night, I also took Charlie.  In general, I am a wuss, so my little alarm dog is just the ticket to make me feel safeish.  She wouldn't fight anybody off, but she would definitely bark to let me know if anyone is around.   My mailbox is sort of removed from the rest of the complex, which is why it totally creeps me out at night.

I'm a total sucker for fun packaging.  I especially loved the "I'm here" on the front of the package.

When you design your book, there are many cover options to choose from.  I chose to display one of my favorite photos on the front.

This is page one.  I wanted this first page to be a hint of what you would see in the book.  There is also a vellum page in the front and in the back to protect the photo pages from being damaged.

ps.  Do you see those two scratched on my brand new table?  Those were there about 5 days after I got this table.  It's a cryin' shame.

It costs extra money to get lay-flat pages, but it was worth it.  I hate opening a book like this and having the pages warped.   I love books that open and lay flat, so I don't have to use my cell phone to weigh it down (yes, I do that all the time).

To be honest, I'm not that impressed with the photo quality.  Part of that can be blamed on my ridiculously high standards and the fact that I'm used to seeing these on my computer where they are all perfect.  It can also be blamed on my frugal self.  There's an option for better paper which results in better pictures, but it shot the price up.  No thanks.

They even let you choose what you would like on the inside covers of your book.  Once again, there were many choices.  Even if this one wasn't the cheapest, I still would have picked it.  The color of the gray is very nice and the texture is great.

You can even put a photo on the back of the book.  All in all, it was a great buy and worth the money.  I got a deal on Living Social thanks to my sister, Esther.  When it was all said and done, this book cost $45, which is a steal compared to the real price of $65.

If you would like to see the rest of my book and the pictures I chose, click here.  Now I just need to decide where to keep it.


  1. I absolutely love this! What a gorgeous book! I'm going to have to check this company out. I fell in love once I saw the packaging...

    xo. -brittany

  2. New to your blog - and I love your photos - I too tried MyPublisher and like you wasn't really impressed with the photo quality. Everything else about it seemed fine, but I found my photos to be much too pixilated or low rezish even though I know I uploaded things of higher resolution. Just wanted to let you know you weren't the only one disappointed with that :)