Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I'm turning in my whistle

Three years ago, I got a job teaching Physical Education in an elementary school.  I have loved being a teacher and working with kids, but that time has come to an end.

I just sat and stared at those first two sentences for five minutes.  This is turning out to be a lot harder to write than I thought.  I'm not sure why, though.  Normally I'm much better at writing what I'm thinking, than actually saying it out loud.  Maybe I'm nervous.  Ok, I'll just say what's on my mind and then I'll explain -

I got a new job.  
My last day of teaching will be April 20.
Hello career change.

Phew.  Ok, allow me to explain.

When my new job begins, I will no longer be herding 30 kids around a gym. Instead, I will be taking/editing photos and putting together videos.  I think the easiest way to explain it is this: Photoshop, Illustrator, Final Cut Pro, and Adobe After Effects.  They are the programs I will be working with on a daily basis.

My hobby just became my job.  Crazy, right?  Crazy awesome!

To be honest, I'm sort of freaking out.  I'm excited.  I'm nervous.  I'm excited again.  I'm nervous again.  Is this actually happening?  Holy crap, this is actually happening.  If I didn't have an amazing God, family, and group of friends, I might not survive the excitement and all that needs to be done.  The course of events that led to this new job is mind blowing and just goes to show that God's timing really is perfect.  The last three years have not been easy, but now I can look back and see how He has led me to and prepared me for this moment.  It gives me great confidence that I can do this.

There are very few times in my life when I can honestly say that I know what God wants me to do; this is one of those times.  The incredible story of how I got this job is best told in person, so I'll just tell you this; I have been blessed with an incredible opportunity and I cannot wait to get started.

So here's the plan:

When I begin my new job, I'll be living with my parents to save some money.  I'm already in the process of getting my things out of this apartment and to my parents' house.  It's a little chaotic in this place right now, but I guess that's all part of the process.  I get two rooms at my parents - my bedroom and my sister's old room.  Esther's old room will be my bedroom.  My current bedroom will be my new living room and office.  I'll tell you all about that later.

Just a warning - I am going to do my best to keep up with the blog during this transition, but I'm a little busy. If I miss a day or two, at least now you know why.  I have plenty to tell you about, so I'm not wanting for content, just time.

But what a good reason to be busy.

If you were wishing for a DIY topic today instead of this boring-for-you/exiting-for-me stuff - check out how my friend Krit updated her hutch.  It looks awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment