Thursday, March 1, 2012

Getting Things Done

Last weekend I was a very busy lady.  I had tons of errands to run, but of course we had to have some chicken time first.  I got up early Saturday morning (hey, 9 am is early on a Saturday morning) and got right to work.  I ran errands, took the dog for a walk...

and even changed my own wiper blades.  These wiper blades are exactly as awesome as the commercials always say.  They are very nice.  I learned something new when buying wipers - the passenger side blade is shorter than the driver side blade.  Interesting!

When I went photo-taking with Mel, we stopped at the school store to make some much needed purchases.  My WCU gear was practically nonexistent.  Of course, I left it all at home.  Since I have the best mom in the world, I received a package not too long after leaving home.  I'm wearing the gray one to work today.

Number one on my weekend to-do list was "brush Charlie's teeth."  Strangely enough, it was the last thing I did.  I was not looking forward to it.  Would she fight me tooth and nail?  Would she try to run?  I knew she wouldn't bite my finger because she knows better than that, but I didn't want this to be a battle.

Charlie sat there like a good little girl and licked off every speck of that toothpaste.  That was actually the most difficult part - stopping her from licking the toothpaste.  

She wouldn't open her mouth long enough for me to get inside to clean her teeth - so only the outside go any attention.  But her breath is 100 times better than it was, so I guess it worked.  We'll have to do this daily weekly often to keep her breath smelling fresh and clean.

She was such a good girl that she earned herself a bone.

And two seconds later she was gone, never to be seen again.


  1. Oh my... your photos are fabulous! Love your pictures and the calendar, too. Now it's my desktop wallpaper! Thank you for your excellent work!

    1. Thank you for your sweet compliment and thanks for stopping by! -Virginia