Friday, March 9, 2012

Before and After: The Pooch

You may recognize this photo from several weeks ago.  I took this photo of my pooch at a local park on a very windy day.  It was so windy that our walk only lasted seven minutes.  There's something about this photo that I really love.  That "something" is mostly Charlie, but I do love how her ears are pulled back.  Ok, that "something" is all Charlie.  As much as I love this photo, I do not like the color.  It's not interesting enough to me and it lacks contrast.  

The edge burn helps to enhance the bokeh in the background and her dark ears (and we all know I love my baby's ears).  I warmed it up and upped the contrast as well as changing the toning.  All in all, I'm happy with this photo.  

I took it one step further for my most recent project.  I made a photo book for myself with all of my most recent photos.  This photo was in color at first, but it wasn't working in the layout, so I changed it to black and white.  I've been doing most of my editing (maybe I should say "all of my editing") in RadLab lately and I have really been enjoying it.  It was definitely worth the money.

The photo book was made using  It's by no means cheap, but in the end it will be worth the money.  Plus, I got it for a fraction of the price thanks to a great deal from Living Social.  I have no idea when it will get here, but I cannot wait to see it!

1 comment:

  1. Your photo was great to start out with but I LOVE the black and white!

    xo. -brittany