Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dining Room: Before and After

My dining room is complete.  The new  table is in and the last little projects are done.  It feels really good to have a dining room table again and eat like a normal human being.



My new dining room table is perfect.  The dark wood looks really nice with my side table and the color on the walls.  I found that teal clock at target.  It is the perfect pop of color.  It's hard to tell in these pictures, but the table and chairs are not black.  They are a very dark brown - you can see the color in the next picture.



This tool is pretty much amazing.  When I was putting my table together I had to tighten the bolts to get the legs on.  I have no idea what this thing is called, but it is such a time saver.  Instead of having to take the wrench off and line it up again for each turn, you just crank this sucker back and forth - it does all the hard work.

As I told my mom, this tool saved me a lot of frustration and time - and kept a lot of bad words from coming out of my mouth.



I also added some new art to the wall.  This is a napkin that I bought at West Elm back in December and framed.  I had originally planned on hanging four, but it just didn't work out.  I wanted four square frames, but the only square frames I could find are 20x20 inches - much too big to fit four.



When I first bought this table, I was a little hesitant about the height.  It turns out that a counter height table is pretty darn awesome.



It's definitely less crowded in there now and a lot easier to move around.




                                    Before                                                                       After



                                 Before                                                                      After


Not too shabby right?  I'm loving this new look and I cannot wait to make my next dinner and eat it on this awesome table.

2 comments:

  1. PERFECT! And the framed napkin came out soooo good. Just having one large frame on that wall looks really nice. So that was perfect timing to finish this make-over since this is Tuesday and you'll be cooking tonight. Bon appetit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I love your photo collage.

    PS: Counter height tables are awesome!

    ReplyDelete