Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 11 - Bruschetta Minute Steaks

For this week's meal I decided to do something special.  I chose a meal that involved steak.  I haven't made anything with steak before, so this was definitely a first.  I made Bruschetta Minute Steaks from

This week's shopping trip was quick.  I was in and out in under 20 minutes.  Five of those minutes were spent staring at steaks.  Why does the recipe tell me I need "thin boneless beef minute steaks" if minute steaks do not exist?  I ended up picking thin rounds because, well, they fit at least part of the description.  Also, I'm not really going to count the phone call I made to my sister since she didn't know either.

This recipe was easy to understand and moved very quickly.  The part that took me the longest was chopping up the tomato.  I don't know why, but that just seemed to take forever.  

Once everything was simmering in the pan, I cleaned up the kitchen and set the table.  YES!  I got to eat at a real table tonight instead of a tv tray.  Amazing.

Charlie was less than thrilled.  With the new table, she is farther from the food than ever before.  She is not a fan of counter height tables.  Not a fan at all.

Honestly, this meal has left me feeling heavy and full.  I ate almost 2 hours ago and I still feel full - and not in the satisfying, best-thing-I-ever-ate way.  I just feel kinda...bleck.  

The main problem with this meal is that it turned out to be super soggy.  I love stuffing, but I love it dry and fluffy not weighted down by excess liquid.  I followed the recipe, but there was too much dressing on the tomatoes and the steak was in too much oil.  Also, if I make this again, I will not add the stuffing to the pan.  I would leave it separate until I am ready to eat instead of combining everything.  

At least those are all problems that can be fixed for next time.  

1 shopping trip
0ish phone calls
0 iPhone searches
20 minutes
1 dinner 


  1. Yeah, this one doesn't sound too exciting with the sog and all. Hard to beat bruschetta after having it at Austin's Restaurant!

  2. Ooooh...thanks for sharing this! My husband thinks he doesn't like steak....grr...he's had it lie twice and I'm convinced that it was because he didn't have very good steak or the people who cooked it didn't know what they were doing. He describes steak as leathery and bland. I KNOW I can cook him a steak he'd love! This might be a winning recipe! :)

    1. Hello! You'll have to let me know how this goes for you! Good luck! -Virginia

  3. Stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show yous some blog luv! def enjoyed this post :)looks amazing!!