Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 10 - Mac and Cheese

Back to the basics.  After last week's shambles of a dinner, I needed to make something that I knew I would love.  I found a recipe for Creamy Stove-Top Mac and Cheese from FoodNetwork.com.   I love me some baked mac, but I do not have the patience to wait for anything to bake in the oven for an hour when I'm starving after work! Stove-top mac was definitely the best choice.

ps. This is day 10!  This feels like such an accomplishment.  It's like when you are little and you turn ten and everyone says "Wow! Two whole hands!"  Seriously.  It feels that good!  Two whole hands, baby!

YES!  Success! I made it out without even a phone call.  Oh yes, I'm that good.

Ok, I have a confession to make.  I could not find white pepper anywhere.  I was thisclose to calling home to see if it mattered what color my pepper was, when I ran into someone I knew.  My friend told me that she had searched and searched for it so she finally looked it up.  Apparently white pepper is barely different than black.  I was saved, so I moved on!



I always say that I love simple and easy, and it's always true.  But one thing I especially loved about this recipe was that it pretty much cooked itself.  Boil pasta, melt cheese, mix.  The end.

Also, from my previous experience, I knew exactly what it meant to cook the pasta al dente.  I even remember the trick to bite into the noodle and look for the white line.  This was the first time that I looked at a recipe and knew exactly what to do.  Don't get me wrong, I still looked at it a million times, but I at least knew what to do.

I have another confession.  When all that was left in the recipe was to combine the noodles and cheese I threw out the recipe...and then I picked it out of the trash.  I had to check, just one more time, to make sure I got it right.  I think I'll add "don't freak out over recipes" to my list of New Year's resolutions.



It was very good and very filling.  Better yet, it was great to look forward to a meal I knew I would love and not stress about hating the first bite.  Yummy!


Totals:
1 shopping trip
0 phone calls!!
0 iPhone searches
30 minutes
1 dinner
5 lunches



No comments:

Post a Comment