Monday, January 30, 2012


1. the art or process of printing with type.
2. the work of setting and arranging types and of printing from them.
3. the general character or appearance of printed matter.

Typography is my new love and (fingers crossed) my newest project.  I have an 11x15 inch frame that I need to fill.  I don't want to fill it with a photo - I want to fill it with art.  This is easier said than done.  I don't have money in the bank to use on stunning yet expensive art.  Thus, Pinterest and I have been spending a lot of time together in hopes that I would find some beautiful inspiration.  Not surprisingly, I found some stunning typography.

This beautiful work of art was designed by Simon Alander and is everything I want my art to be.  There is not much to say other than that it's just amazing and I am incredibly jealous of his talent.

Pinned Image
This beauty was designed by Jessica Hishe.  She is an amazing typographer and (obviously) she is incredibly talented.  I love the simplicity and elegance in this design - something I want to include in my own.

Jessica also designed this cover of my all time favorite book for Barnes and Noble.  I'm proud to say I own this beautiful book.

Pinned ImageThis is another stunning example of beautiful typography designed by Matt Ottdal.  I love how each word is connected to the rest of the phrase.

Now, I don't mean to give the impression that I am an amazing typographer - nothing could be further from the truth - but I do believe that I can use this inspiration to create something wonderful.  At least, I hope so.

The only thing standing between me and a finished project is finding the right phrase.  I want it to be something fun and crazy like "There's always money in the banana stand."  I want it to be something that makes me laugh/smile every single time I see it.  Don't get me wrong, I love a good emotional quote like everybody else, but I don't want to see that every day.  

Any ideas?


  1. I love the "banana stand" quote! That was one of my fav shows of all time.

  2. Let's go UP to West Chester. Appropriate in more ways than 1!

    1. oh my gosh. i love this idea. i'm definitely putting that on the list. sooo good. or maybe something from Philadelphia Story. "oh ck dexter haaaaaaven!"