Monday, January 23, 2012

A Snowy Walk

We got about 4 inches of snow over the weekend, so I grabbed Alice and went out for a walk. I finally got to test out my new boots!  Someone needs to explain to my why we have snow on the weekends - I don't get any snow days and my plans get canceled.  Annoying.

The thought of taking Charlie with me had crossed my mind, but I didn't want to be fighting against her the whole time.  That pup is like a 2 year old when it comes to snow and she is all over the place.  When I was getting myself ready to take her out in the morning (gloves, coat, hat, boots) she was constantly running around: run to me, run to the door, run to me, run to the door, me, door, me, door, me, door...until it was time to go out.



There is a miniature park next to my apartment (swings and a baseball field), so I headed there.  That's where I found this guy.  He's a bit shorter than my 5'4" self and I have no idea why he is in this park, but I like him.  I've lived here for 2 years and have never seen him before.  Weird.




If I had been with a friend, I definitely would have cleared off these swings and gone for a ride.  But a 26 year old swinging alone?  Now that's just creepy and weird.  C'mon, you know it's true.



I love how the snow sits on the pine trees.  It's a lovely sight.



Whats even more interesting to me, is the view from underneath.  I guess I find this interesting because I don't normally see this view.



This is my favorite photo from the day; not sure why, it just is.  Though, the little berries look so sad.



Anway, by the time I got in from my walk I couldn't feel my chin and my legs were super cold.  I pulled out my favorite, old mug and got some hot chocolate ready.  I've had this mug for a long time; I used to use it when I was a kid.  Since I couldn't be home with my family on this snowy day, this mug was the next best thing.

3 comments:

  1. I really like your now profile pic... except Charlie's not in it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha maybe I'll make Charlie a profile pic of her own - I have about a million to choose from!

      Delete
  2. The snow, the Alaska mug...you make me homesick! Love the snow-day pictures and I really like your new profile picture too.

    ReplyDelete