Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Kong

You see, I have this dog and she's pretty awesome.  But sometimes, well, sometimes she drives me crazy.  For some reason, this dog of mine hates it when I sit at the computer.  My second job (this blog) requires that I spend a lot of time at the computer, so avoiding this seat is pretty impossible.  There are times when Charlie will just sit next to me and whine - not because she needs to go out or she wants to play - she just whines.

She just doesn't like when I'm at the computer.  I'm pretty sure it's because there's no chance her getting a belly rub when I'm at the computer.  When she gets sick of sitting on the floor, she gets up on the bed and sighs over and over.   Then I look at her sitting in my messy bed and I feel bad.

Charlie got a lovely present for Christmas from my Auntie Karen.  It's a kong and It's amazing.  It came with treats to put inside, but I've found that peanut butter works better.

This is a great toy, it gives her what she loves (food) and also something to do.

Charlie is a pretty independent pooch.  She loves to have me around, as long as I'm not in her space.  And she is most definitely the only one allowed to initiate cuddle time.

This is one of those times when a human company is unwanted.

Just leave her alone with her peanut butter and she's good to go.


  1. I had a dachshund that did the same thing when I was washing dishes or my daughter was playing the piano. We finally determined she was whining because she could not see our faces! She did not like that...quite honestly I didn't like washing dishes and my daughter hated piano practice but you have to do what you have to do! Enjoy your blog so much!

  2. I need to get one of these for my dog; he's always so clingy!

  3. Ahhhh....warms an auntie's heart.