Tuesday, January 24, 2012


Allow me to apologize in advance for what you are about to read.  I do not usually rant and rave on my blog, but this time it cannot be helped.  I love my iPhone, but right now we are not friends.

For the past few months, I've started going crazy over the calendar app on my phone.  I put everything in there.  Any event that I know about is on that calendar, but I never set up alerts.   I check it enough that I don't need the alerts.

But it's been alerting me anyway!  I wake up at 11:50 pm because my alarm is going off!  I set an event for "all-day" and it sets and alert for "10 minutes before" which translates to a rude wake up in the middle of my night.  I started to think that I was going crazy and maybe I really did set the alerts.

The screen shot on the left is the event that I put in my phone a few days ago.  The screen shot on the right is from tonight.  OH MY GOSH!  I KNEW IT!  My phone added the alert on it's own!!!

I put in this event on the same night as my dad's birthday dinner.  Oh would ya look at that - my phone added the alert!  Again...OH MY GOSH!  This is more than frustrating.

How do I turn this off??

So with some help, I headed to my calendar settings to check my default settings.  They are all set to none so how am I still getting automatic alerts??



  1. Go to: Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars and scroll down to the Calendars section. Then go to Default Alert Times. If any of them are set to something other than "None", reset them and it should fix your problem.

    1. That's just it...they are already set to none. This is nuts.

  2. When you enter the event there is a place for alerts. Is that set to none? Not your phone settings but the setttings on the calendar app? Other than that I would not set anything for all day so at least the alarm goes off when you are awake :)

  3. If you are still having problems, let me know. Ryan can look at it. :)