Monday, January 9, 2012

A few of my favorite things

Christmas left me with many superb gifts/purchases and I'd like to share a few of my favorites.

This little camera remote is definitely in my top five.  I haven't gotten to use it just yet (other than testing it out), but I'm very excited.  All you do to set up is take it out of the box- simple!  It syncs automatically to your camera.  I'm curious about whether or not it would make two cameras go off at the same time.  I'll need to test that out someday.

My mom bought me this letter from Anthro and I'm in love.  I think I'll hang it in the dining room.

These mini latte bowls are also from Anthropologie.  They are so cute and tiny.  Me? Obsessed with bowls?  C'mon.  Are you even surprised?  Love them!

Hmm...I also got this for Christmas, but somehow it didn't make it back to my apartment.  I'm suspicious that one of my sisters took it.  Fess up!  Ok, it's more likely that I forgot it, but (until that is proven) it's not my fault.  Yes, I am the middle child.

My older sister got these bowls dishes thingies for me for Christmas.  She got them from Ikea and they are totally fab.  Ah, I see - Ikea tells me they are a bathroom dish set.  I plan on using them for earings or change.

This little owl is from West Elm.  We stopped in during our day in Philly and I just had to walk away with this little guy.   He holds sugar and is adorable.  I will call him Alphie and he will be mine.

These adorable napkins are also from West Elm (another Philly day purchase).  I don't have a great need for cloth napkins, but I have an idea of how to use them for some art in the dining room.  The pattern looks like duck footprints and I love that.  Oh, West Elm has confirmed my suspicions; they are called Duck Feet Napkins.

My final purchase from West Elm was this little dish.  It's about 3.5x5.5 inches.  It's not a border terrier, but it looks like my little pooch and I love it.

I have saved the best for last.  This is a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens.  The low aperture setting allows me to take super blurry photos.  I know that sounds weird, but it looks awesome.  It's strange not having zoom capabilities.  I keep reaching my hand up to twist the lens, only to find out there is no twist!  

This is a photo I look with a aperture setting of 1.8.  Seriously, how awesomely blurry is that?  I'm still learning the difference between way too much blur and not enough - but I'll get there.  

When I was taking photos of my bowls, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for a Hildie shot.  So I popped her into the bowl.

All of these gifts and purchases are being put to good use and they all come with great memories.  Each time I use these little bowls I think of my family - I love that.


  1. I love that dish! What wonderful gifts!

  2. So, Have to tell ya, Ginner. You didn't get one of those containers. You got the 3 bowls and Esther and Char got the containers. That's why you can't find it. Love, The Mom