Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Wrap It Up

I made this pom pom ornament using this tutorial.  It's a quick and easy project.  All you need is some yarn and a pair of scissors.  Oh, and don't forget the trash can!  When you are trimming the pom pom you end up with a lot of little leftovers.

A few days ago, I made some t-shirt yarn.  I didn't know what I was going to use it for, so it has just been sitting around.  Since I have some presents to wrap, I thought I might be able to put the yarn to good use.  I made a tag using my silhouette, and then gathered some string and brown paper.

I wrapped the string and yarn around the present together, wove the tag on, and then continued wrapping.

I like it, but I'm not 100% in love with it.  It just feels like something is missing.  I think I'll keep fiddling with it until I like it.  I think I might try braiding it.

Also, I recently bought this little Christmas tree from here (Char and/or Est, don't click this link or it will give away your Christmas gift).  It's only 6" tall, but I paid a hefty $16 for it.  I don't normally spend so much on a little tree, but I love it.

Tonight is my first dinner challenge.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment