Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Visit and Some Plans

My mom was close by last night, so she stopped in for a visit.  She made me ham and pilaf for dinner.  It was delicious and, best of all, I now have my lunch packed for the next three days.  Sweet.

If Mom didn't already have an awesome nickname (Sugar Mama), I would dub her Santa Claus.  Every year my mom gets each of us kids an ornament or two for the tree.  I have been getting puppies for many yeas and I love them.  When she came for a visit tonight, she dropped off this pug ornament.

I must say, this little guy has a special place in my heart and on my tree.  I have an aunt and cousin that each have a pug.  I've never had any personal experience with pugs, but from what I hear through stories of Helmut and Walter, pugs are pretty darn awesome.  They are small dogs with very big personalities and I am very anxious to meet them someday.

Santa also brought me this lovely ornament.  I haven't put a picture of my own little pooch in it yet because I need some ink for the printer, but...

it will soon be filled with this face.

Embroidery has been my new hobby/project lately.  I made a few things for my sister (more on that tomorrow) but didn't really have a project for me.  I started this little clock a few days ago and I'm really trying to take my time, which is definitely not easy.  And don't worry, this isn't going to turn into an embroidery blog.  I'm terrible at it myself so I definitely won't be guiding anyone else through this process.

It's perfectly small (the hoop is only 6") and it's turning out nicely.  I'm using the colors from my room because I want to frame this little guy after I'm all done.  I know embroidery can easily become outdated-looking, so this could all be a bust, but I am loving this project so far.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

ps. All the pics (aside from Charlie Girl) are from my phone (with a lot of help from photoshop, or course).  Not too shabby, right?  I knew it wasn't even worth trying to take pics with the good camera in this lighting.  Just add this to the long list of reasons why I love my phone.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pug ornament. I've met Helmut but not Walter yet. Pugs are sweet dogs and love to be with their humans. Your mom has great taste in Christmas decorations! I'm sure she learned by the good example of her oldest sister!