Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Wreaths

I had a little free time on my hands the other night, so I decided to put it to good use.


This little wreath was a very simple project.

Materials:
-yarn
-snowflake button/bead/thing
-glue gun
-ribbon
-foam core board



The first step was to trace a circle onto some foam core.  I used my lens cap since that was what I had around.  Then I made a smaller circle inside.  Using my exacto knife, I cut out both circles.  I secured the yarn to the back of the wreath with hot glue and then started wrapping.  I cut my pieces of yarn to about 36 inch lengths.  It took about 4 to get all the way around.



Next, I added a little decoration using some beads and buttons my mom had given me.  Lastly, I added blue ribbon to the back of the ornament using the hot glue.  Super simple and easy!  I love how they look on the tree.  There's just something about yarn that makes and ornament feel nice and cozy.

I love me some nice and cozy ornaments.  And I only burned my fingers twice.  I think I need to invest in this handy dandy kit.

4 comments: