Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Better late than never...

This year we held Thanksgiving dinner at Charlotte's house.  As a family, we aren't too into decorating (except for Christmas), but Char did want to do a few special things for the holiday.  We made place cards using a paper leaf and a page from a book.  We just glued the leaf onto the paper and voila!  Also my mom made the table runner and napkins, just so you know.  She's pretty awesome like that.



This isn't a very good shot of the table, but take a close look.  Char and Frank found the table top sitting on the side of the road so they snatched it up.  It didn't have any legs, so Frank found a fallen down branch/tree and used that for legs.  Char said the cost of this massive table was $3.  Now that's a bargain!



We also made this wreath to hang in the living room.  Char bought a straw wreath and we attached the paper leaves with a glue gun.  We made a good team; I glue, she sticks on leaves.  The leaves are made from book pages and regular paper.

I know we are way past Thanksgiving, but I thought I'd share it anyway.   I really liked these little decorations because they added a nice homey feel to the day.

1 comment: