Thursday, November 10, 2011

Booth, Rick, Tony, Neal, and Sam

I have a lot of leading men in my life; unfortunately, they all live in TV land.   I'm a single gal, living in a small apartment, and I'm the only human in sight; TV is my backdrop.  I like music, but it's not my favorite thing.  I don't seek out new stuff and I'm sort of stuck in the 80s/90s, so I'm running out of fresh material.

TV plays a big part in my entertainment world.  I listen to it all the time.  The key word there is "listen."  I listen to TV shows while I do school work, projects, crafts, and house work.  Because of my love for TV, Hulu and I have become bffs.  It keeps track of my shows and let's me watch at my leisure, which is something I love.  Instead of staying up til 11pm to watch the next Castle episode, I can watch it the next day while I'm working.

Here are my top five dramas:  I'm not going to give you descriptions, I'm just going to tell you why I love them.  You'll just have to watch them to see their awesomeness for yourself.  (click the photos for links to the show pages)

1. Bones

This is, without a doubt, my absolute favorite show.  It's got everything - drama, suspense, danger, comedy, and romance.  The characters are amazing.  I dread the day this show will end.  In fact, let's just not talk about it.  One of the best thing about this show is that the first five seasons are on Instant on Netflix.  Perfect!  This show is my weekly treat.  I may feel the need to do other things during my other shows, but Bones gets all my attention. 

2.  Oh Castle, how I love thee.

This show is great.  I gotta say, I love me a strong female lead and Detective Kate Beckett is just the girl woman for the job.  Not to mention the very dashing Nathan Fillion, my favorite space cowboy from Firefly.  I love this show for the plot, but it's also nice to see a show where the relationship between parent and child is not full of disrespect and hate.  Castle has a daughter he adores and she loves him right back - so refreshing!

3. NCIS (the original)

Don't get me wrong, I do like the LA show, but you can't beat the original.  The characters are fabulous and the plot is exciting.  And, despite what you may think, Tony is not the only reason I watch this show.  The only problem with this show is that it is not on Hulu (darn you CBS) and the CBS video player sucks.  It's constantly restarting me and making me watch a gazillion commercials.  But I push through the pain for my favorite Tony blue eyes, cough cough, show.

White Collar
4. White Collar

And then there was Neal.  Oh Neal, with that Sinatra charm and whit.  This is my summer saver.  The season starts at the most random time (which I can never remember) and it ends in June.  The only problem is that Hulu does not air the shows until 30 days after the original air date.  30 DAYS??  C'mon USA, give up the control!

Rookie Blue
5. Rookie Blue

This is truly the rookie in my line up. It's the newest drama on my list and it's wonderful.  No matter how many episodes I watch, each time I see the main actress (the one in the middle) all I see is the girl from Stick It!  She's fabulous, but I still hear in my head "I said pointy feet not pointy words!  Pointy words are mouse turds!"  Hmm, maybe I should use that one on the kids at school.   I'm sure they'd get a kick out of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment