Friday, October 21, 2011

Painted Glass

I've been seeing a new trend on Pinterest lately and I thought I'd give it a try.  All you need is paint and a glass jar or bottle.



In preparation for this proejct, I hit up Goodwill to find some glass.  $4 later, I left Goodwill with these wonderful pieces.  I bought the smaller bottle with the cork to use as a test.



This poor paint can has been opened and closed too many times. I'm pretty sure it used all it's paint can power to stay close last time.  It took me almost 2 minutes to get it open.  Two minutes might not sound long, but it usually take 2 seconds and I'm a very impatient person.



I poured the paint into the measuring cup so I could easily get the paint into the small opening in the jar. After pouring in the paint, I swirled it all around the glass. When I was sure everything had been covered, I held it over the measuring cup so the excess could run out.



This tester was very helpful because it taught me something important: make sure the inside of the glass is clean, because the dust will show after being painted.  Other than that, the process could not have been any simpler.  It was very fast and very easy.  I'll definitely be finishing the rest of the glass this weekend.

The hardest part of this project will be deciding what colors to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment