Friday, October 7, 2011

Just a Few Things

I headed to HomeGoods after work because I needed something for a party this weekend.  I didn't find anything for the party, but I found something for me.  This ampersand sign is only about 6 inches tall and it's perfect for my corner shelf.  It adds a little bling without being too shiny.

The corner shelf is almost ready for it's before-and-after post, but not quite.  One small detail needs to be attended to and that small detail is waiting for me at my parent's house.  I'm going to pick it up this weekend and then the shelf will be done!

You may remember me complaining about this TV in previous posts.  It's a good TV, it's just a huge eye sore.  Awhile back the color went out, but last night I noticed that the color was fine.  Strange, but I'll take it!  This TV has been with me since freshmen year of college in 2004.  It's had a good run, but I'm moving on.

My parents bought this flat screen TV about 5 years ago.  My dad has since upgraded to a bigger TV and I gladly accepted this hand me down.  It's been my living room TV for some time and it has been wonderful.

My older sister will soon be moving to another country (one of those things that's completely awesome and sucky all at the same time).  Since she is moving, she won't be needing her 40" TV.  I didn't want it to be lonely in storage, so I offered to bring it into my home.  It's going to be rough, but I think I can handle it.  When I come back to my apartment Monday, I will be bringing it with me.  I'm just hoping Charlie doesn't get too jealous.  Despite it all, I'll make sure it's dearly loved and cared for while she's gone.

Since I was sharing some of my old doodles, I thought you might like to see something more current.  Current as in yesterday.  We had a meeting at school, so I made sure to bring my favorite pen, Pilot.  Towards the end of the meeting Pilot started being weird and it was stressing me out.  Luckily, we made it through the whole doodle together.  I cannot switch pens, folks.  It just does not work that way.

Enjoy your long weekend!


  1. Good plan on the TV switches!!! The flat-panel looks nice in your room.

  2. LOVE the colors in your room! Very bright and cheery! :)