Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Winner

In the BMW (photo circa 2007)

Charlotte and I were "the girls" growing up.
"Girls, go to bed."
"Girls, clean your room."
"Girls, relax."
"Girls, stop fighting."
"Girls, turn the light off."

Never mind the fact that we have an older sister.  Since our family order is Esther, Zack, Ginner, Charlotte (girl, boy, girl, girl), Charlotte and I were always "the girls."  We'd wake up on Saturday morning and head downstairs to the chore lists Mom left for us on the kitchen table.  The first thing we did was barter. I'd trade her "cleaning the kitchen" for "vacuum the living room."  I definitely got the good end of that deal.

We were always paired together, which I didn't mind at all, unless there was a coin toss involved.  Every time Dad tossed a coin, Char won.  Always.  Whenever we had to pick a number between one and ten, Char won.  It got so bad that I started refusing to participate; Dad and Mom would make me play anyway and then Char would win, again.  It even got to the point where Dad and Mom finally agreed with me and had to find new ways to decide our fate.


photos from our vacation in Europe (2006)

I don't know how she did it, but I'm pretty sure she cheated.  It's really easy to manipulate a tossed coin and the number my dad picks in his head.  One of these days I'll figure it out, but for now, I'm just glad we don't have to toss a coin anymore, or I would be doing a lot of dishes.

2 comments:

  1. Haha I used my mind tricks on him. Also, I miss that car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't God creative in putting families together? You got some great sisters and they got a great one too! And I'm not prejudiced....noooooo.

    ReplyDelete