Monday, September 19, 2011

Putting a Myth to Rest

Say hello to Benji.  When people see Charlie they often say "Oh, like Benji."  No.  Not like Benji.  

While I agree that there are similarities, Charlie and Benji are not the same dog.  Benji is a mix of Tibetan Terrier/Spaniel and Charlie is pure bred Border Terrier.  "The BT is one of several working terrier breeds to emerge along the borders of England and Scotland where terriers have been used to hunt fox, otter, and vermin for centuries."  You can find more interesting information on Border Terriers here.

You must allow me to be a little snobby since we paid a lot of money for this little girl and she was worth every penny.  She completely fits the breed standard and meets the description to a tee.  Well, except for the part where it says "narrow in the body," but we're working on that.

But just so you know, Charlie is not like Benji.  I know I'm biased, but I think she's much cuter.

No comments:

Post a Comment