Thursday, September 29, 2011

Babysitting: Take 2


We started our babysitting adventure with breakfast at the Windmill (yes, that is a real place and the food is delicious).  See those two lovely people on the right?  That's my little sister and her husband - the very lovely parents of my favorite nephew.  Frank, don't hate me for describing you as "lovely," frankly (ha) it could have been worse.


Bonding time continues at my parent's house, where Cameron decided to rob me. I don't know who told this kid about credit cards, but we need to have a talk (cough, cough, Esther).  It didn't take him long to figure out that they are more important than the iPhone (now his second favorite toy).


Cam was in prime licking position on the floor and Charlie took full advantage.  Notice that he has two cards in his hands.  Cam, step away from the TJ Maxx card.  I'm a Maxxinista and I need that card!


It's a good thing Cam likes Charlie, or this would be a problem.  He laughs so hard when Charlie "chases" him.  Anytime she takes a step in his direction, he giggles and runs away.  After a few steps he turns around to see if she is following him.  It's quite interesting to watch.





Two of my favorite pics from the day.  It's fun to watch Cam's reaction when he sees himself in the phone.  It's also fun that he's learning to make funny faces with me.  Now I'm not the only one looking weird.  Ok, he looks cute and I look weird.  Oh well.


Hats aren't on Cam's list of favorite things.  I'm pretty sure he only kept this one on because he knew it was Grandpa's hat.  Dad bought Cam a set of fire trucks/cars in Germany and Cam walked around all day saying "wee-oo-wee-oo-wee-oo."  In case you don't speak Cam, allow me to translate: "wee-oo-wee-oo-wee-oo" is a siren sound.


Even when he couldn't see, he still kept it on. Interesting fact about Cam: he named his pacifier "button."  If you are around him, be very careful about saying the B word.


I'm still not quite sure how this happened.  He just walked over and dropped it in, but I watched him do it.  Let's blame my slowness on utter disbelief, because I'm pretty sure I'm faster than a 19 month old.


Cam and I took a trip to Target to wander around the aisles.  Believe it or not, I walked out without spending a dime.  We didn't even buy this hat; it just wasn't the right look for him.

Oh man, I love this kid.

3 comments:

  1. You are so funny, Gin. You remind me so much of my little sister because she's funny too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Auntie Karen. Your little sister is pretty funny :) But so is her oldest sister!

    Gin - I can't even stand Cam's little pointy chin sticking out from under that hat in Target. It looks just like you!

    ReplyDelete