Friday, August 26, 2011

Please Excuse the Mess




Say hello to my boring, eclectic (but not in a good way), and WHITE bedroom.  This is my next project.  So much to do and so little money.  I'm always on a budget, but it will be hard to stay within that budget in this room. 

I've already decided to paint the walls light gray.  I hadn't orignially planned to paint this room, but since I'm looking at another year here, I thought I might as well go for it.



This is my inspiration for the room.  The color doesn't look amazing in this because it's not a picture of the actual fabic, its an illustration, but you get the idea.  My colors for the room will be based off this fabric: gray, white, blue, and yellow.  You can see an actual picture of the fabric here; it's fourth from the bottom.


If I had my way, my bedroom would look like this; but seeing as I am not a small child, I'll have to settle for something a little more grown up.


Here are my plans: 
-new duvet cover using the fabric above
-get a bedskirt
-get a nightstand (or wall shelf)
-get an actual bed frame and finally become a grown up
-new ottoman or update ottoman(I would get rid of this, but charlie needs it to get onto the bed)
-new bedside lamp 
-get rid of standing lamp
-chandelier above bed (I would say this is number one on the to-do list, but it will probably never happen)



-Paint corner shelf (yellow on the outside, white on the inside)
-get new fabric to cover Charlie's crate
-new knobs for dresser (something with more substance and presence) 


-Take out trash (an easy fix, but I hate this chore)
-more artwork for over desk
-paint sconces? (my dad made these, so I may not be allowed to paint them, but I'm definitely not getting rid of them)
-new lampshade (it's too dark)
-clean up cords under desk
-new window curtains (yellow or blue)


-new bookcase or paint it...or ditch it
-ditch the door... this is not really a possibility, but I would still like to (I wish I could get rid of all the doors in my apt. I never close them)

Well, what do you think?  Not too bad right? Painting will change the feel of the entire room and then it will be downhill from there.  I can't wait until it's finished.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're going to be living in real luxury when this project is done. Sounds great!! Can't wait to see the finished space.

    ReplyDelete