Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Tattoo! Yes, I actually did it!

Can you believe it?  I finally got my tattoo.  This is something I have been thinking about for over 5 years (no lie) and I finally took the plunge.  A big thank you to Matt from Pottstown Tattoo Co. for doing this amazing tattoo and putting up with all my questions/worries/whining.  After I finally got my breathing under control, we got started.

While playing field hockey, I had been hit in the fingers, ankles, knees, shin, gut, face, and head with a ball, stick or person; this became normal, expected pain.  It became so normal that I thought I had a high tolerance for pain.  Yeah, not so much.  Tattoo pain feels nothing like that.  It was completely unfamiliar territory (a.k.a. OUCH).

After squeezing the life out of Esther's hand and getting a kiss from Cam, the pain was over and I didn't even cry.  I love the end result.  I'll post another picture when it's completely healed (it will look nicer).



For those of you wondering what this tattoo means, allow me to explain.  This tattoo is in memory of my brother, Zack.  He beat leukemia when he was four, but it came back again when he was 21.  Seven short months later, Zack passed away on February 3, 2006 at the age of 22.  One of Zack's passions was soccer (a family trait).  The sport was a big part of our life and the number Zack wore on his jersey was 5, hence the tattoo.



If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.  Just leave a comment below and I will get right back to you.  You can ask me about my tattoo or about my experience with cancer.  You can read about another way that I remember my brother in this post.

1 comment:

  1. I have a magnet of that last picture and my friend just saw it and I got to tell her all about Zack. Love the tattoo, Ginner!!

    ReplyDelete