Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Golden Birthday!

Today I turn 26 on the 26th.  It's my golden birthday.  For those of you who don't know the term, allow me to explain.  Your golden birthday is when your age and date are the same number.  We know what I look like now, but lets take a look back...


This is me when I was little...many years ago.  On the left is one of my many soccer photos.  On the right is a picture of Charlotte and I eating our lunch while watching tv.  Mom used to make us a lunch to pack into our lunch boxes, then we would travel the long distance between the kitchen and the living room to enjoy our bounty.  As you can see, we even got to use a thermos.  Zack and Esther got to be big kids and go to school, so mom made us special lunches.


I love this photo of my family, even though I was being a total brat.  I was so jealous that Zack got to have a gun and I had to wear a dress.  Yes, I was a tomboy.


My parents got me this lovely bag for my birthday.  It's a camera bag disguised as a purse.  Amazing.  I love that it's stylish and doesn't look like a camera bag.  Thanks Mom and Dad!


Not to be outdone, I bought myself a present.  I've been eyeballing this version of my favorite book for quite some time.  The lettering is beautiful and the colors are amazing.  I have beautiful copies of other classic books but I didn't have one of my favorite...


or so I thought.  Apprently, I do have a beautiful copy of my favorite book.  I forgot that I have been looking for a special copy of Persuaion, not Pride and Prejudice.  Oops.  Oh well, you can never have too many copies of a good book.  The copy I read is looking pretty grim, especially after the last beach trip.


They sure do look very pretty together.

I can't wait til Saturday when Char and Esther come to visit.  We are having a girls day out which will include lunch on the rents and thrifting at local stores.  Happy birthday to me!

5 comments:

  1. I love this idea ! I am new to this... but can you tellme more on how you got the design from the wax paper to the canvas? LLB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Maggie! Happy early birthday :) It's always fun to find out you share the same date with someone, but it's even more fun to find out you have the same EXACT birthday. Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by! -Virginia

      Delete
  3. Hi!

    How did I find you? By way of Pintrest of course! I just finished a large Happily Ever After board for our daughter's wedding and went looking for more ideas when I came across your puff paint/wax paper project.

    Hmmmm's
    * Just finished watching Pride & Prejudice today with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth while finishing my project.
    * Daughter's birthday 07/27/81 - So Happy Birthday to you soon!
    * Her fiance's name... Charlie
    * Noticed your post above w/ the name Char, my sister's name is Charlene (Char), and my grandmother's name, Esther!

    If you enjoy Colin Firth's work you may like his Biography which covers fun facts like, his first love Meg Tilly, who he stared with in Valmont, and even Jennifer Ehle, who also starred in The Kings Speech in the supporting role as Myrtle Logue the wife of the speech therapist.

    You have a great site!
    Diane
    Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!
    The designer for the cover, if i'm not mistaken, is Jessica Hische. She did a whole series of covers for classic novels at barnes and noble. If you like this, you might want to check out her work! :)

    -gabrielle

    ReplyDelete